Yesterday I got a letter from the IRS. It claimed that my identity had been stolen to apply for a job.
I hope they were applying to be something cool, like an astronaut.
Or a stripper.
Either one would seriously up my game 😂
That cracks me up. I know I should take this whole thing more seriously, and I promise, I will.
First I HAVE to stop and laugh. They stole my ID to apply for a JOB? My first thoughts:
- GREEAAATTTE – now I’ll have to put a block on all my credit reports
- Wait – I already have some sort of “Identity protection” because I have literally been impacted by every single publicized breach EVER (starting with the Target breach in 2013)
- And for REAL – What bad guy is going to pretend to be a middle aged woman?
- Will they contribute to my Social Security? That would be lovely.
- Maybe they’ll pay my quarterly self-employment tax? #AlsoLovely
So I guess I have a little work to do, if it seems to be an interesting story, I’ll share here in the “my story” thread. Who knows, it might get interesting 🙂