So one thing you’ll learn about me if you don’t already know it – I LOVE to entertain.
I especially love when people are smitten with food I have prepared. It’s the Italian in me – You must EAT!
I recently ran an all day workshop with the promise of a light breakfast and lunch. The lunch was a salad and SUPER SIMPLE shredded chicken with a Romesco sauce adapted from my friends at Plated (get the original recipe here and DEFINITELY sign up to try their meals if you have not already).
To make the chicken:
Count the people you are feeding and subtract one. Get that many chicken breasts (and I mean a split breast) and toss them in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours (ish).
When the time is up, take your hand mixer – the one you use for cookies, cakes, you know one with beaters – and put it in the crock pot on top of the chicken on LOW. move it around.
The Romesco is almost as easy but does require getting a few dishes dirty. Still…
Super yummy addition to chicken, salad or whatever.
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 ounces walnuts (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Toast Walnuts over a medium heat until fragrant (don’t scorch them).
- In a food processor, combine walnuts & garlic, pulse to combine
roasted red peppers
- Add olive oil and blend until the mixture is the desired consistency
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
If you are a “Paprika” user (my absolute favorite recipe manager of all time) – download the recipe deliciousness here.
If you are a “Paprika” user (my absolute favorite recipe manager of all time) – download the deliciousness here.Romesco Recipe